Valley Christian High School
The sports medicine healthcare team aims to support student-athletes’ physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual growth in conjunction with the ministry of Valley Christian Schools and the Valley Christian athletics department.
ATHLETIC TRAINING ROOM
The athletic training room is an area where student-athletes receive injury evaluation, treatment, preventative care, as well as rehabilitation. The sports medicine healthcare team is responsible for providing services in an attempt to maintain the student-athletes’ highest level of competition, safely.
*12:30 - 6:30 PM every school day (as well as during and after most home sporting events)*
Kalei Cerone | firstname.lastname@example.org
During modified/distance learning, the VCHS athletic training room will be available by appointment only*. Email Kalei Cerone (email@example.com) for appointments. The training room is always closed on weekends except for during previously scheduled games.
Office Phone: (408) 513-2453 (NON-EMERGENCY)
Location: H101 (formerly HPC) across from the soccer field
MEET THE STAFF
Kalei Cerone, MA, ATC
Head Athletic Trainer
Rachael San Filippo, MA, ATC
Assistant Athletic Trainer
WHEN TO GO TO THE ATHLETIC TRAINING ROOM
- Pain is starting to affect your ability to participate in your sport
- You get injured during practice or a game.
- If you are seen by another school's athletic trainer during an away game, you must follow up when returning to campus.
- You were seen by a doctor for a sport related injury. Bring the doctor's note with you!
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU GO TO THE ATHLETIC TRAINING ROOM
Evaluation: What is your injury? How severe is it? How is it limiting you at home, school, and sports?
Treatment: Regimens can include taping, stretching, icing, exercises, modalities, doctor referral, etc
- Rehabilitation Exercises: If your injury warrants it, we will give you exercises that will help your healing process, regain strength, or aid with your return to athletics.